There are two types of information we may collect through your use of the Services:
- “Personal Information,” which is the type of information that specifically identifies you personally and/or can be used alone to contact you online or offline, such as your full name, physical address, email address, telephone number, precise geolocation information, credit card information and, in some cases, user names; and
- “Non-Personal Information,” which is information that does not identify you and cannot be used to contact you personally, including information about you such as your ZIP code, employer, college, and non-precise geolocation information (e.g., your city), as well as information about your computer and mobile device, such as your unique device ID, Internet Protocol (IP) address, or other persistent identifiers, and their hardware/software/firmware. Non- Personal Information also includes “Usage Data,” which is anonymous data tied to your computer and/or device, such as the actions you take within and outside of the Services, the browser and/or device you use, the date and time of your use of the Services, particular preferences you have chosen, and the URLs you visited and/or apps you used before and after using our Services.
Your California Privacy Right
Under certain circumstances, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires that, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, a business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom Personal Information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year for direct marketing purposes, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed. However, the foregoing does not apply to businesses like ours that do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes without prior approval or that give customers a free mechanism to opt out of having their personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California users may request further information about our approach to this law by writing to us at email@example.com, using the subject line “CA Request for Information,” and requesting further information
California Do Not Track Disclosures: because we respect your privacy, we will abide by any “do not track” technology that you may choose to utilize, although, as described above with cookies, such technology may negatively affect the functionality of the Services.
Personal Information, Non-Personal Information and Other Information That We Collect and How We Collect It
- If you choose to open an account with us, request support, or in any other way take steps that require the submission of Personal Information or Non-Personal Information, we may collect information such as your name, email address, phone number, and/or physical address.
- From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in surveys or questionnaires seeking information or opinions from you. Your participation is completely voluntary. If you choose to participate, we will collect certain Personal Information from you as well as general demographic information.
- If you choose to submit your Personal Information to us for any other reason in any other form (e.g., customer service requests), we will collect such Personal Information and use it for the purposes for which you submitted it.
- We will only collect Personal Information if you choose to submit it to us. However, we, or third party analytics services on our behalf, may collect Non-Personal Information such as device IDs, IP addresses and other persistent identifiers, as well as Usage Data, whenever you use our Services. Such Non-Personal Information is not combined with Personal Information unless you choose to submit Personal Information to us.
Use of the Personal Information That We Collect
We will use your Personal Information to:
- provide you with the services or functionality you have requested;
- respond to any inquiries you have made through our customer service features;
- contact you to promote our Services or alert you to special offers or features. We will
Use of the Non-Personal Information That We Collect
Non-Personal Information may be used by us for administrative, analytical, research, optimization, security and other purposes. Specifically, we may use your Non-Personal Information to:
- track your use of our Services to help us learn more about your preferences and tendencies so that we can personalize your experience, provide you with notifications that are tailored to you, and otherwise enhance your experience;
- personalize your content;
- respond to customer service inquiries;
- protect against crime or fraud, or for other security reasons;
Disclosure of the Personal Information and Non-Personal Information That We Collect
- Except as described herein, we will not sell, rent or transfer your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties outside of the Services without your prior consent. Specifically, we will not share your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes without first obtaining your consent.
- In order to provide certain aspects of our Services, we may be required to share your information, including Personal Information, with third parties with whom we have contracted to assist us in providing such Services. For example, if you choose a financing option through one of our third party financing partners, we will share your Personal Information with such company in order to help facilitate your application process.
- In addition, Non-Personal Information in aggregated, anonymous form may be shared with third parties who assist us with our internal operations such as administration, analytics, research, strategy and optimization.
- The third parties we contract with for the foregoing purposes (“Service Providers”) will be authorized to use such information only for the purposes for which the party was engaged; however, please understand that the storage and use of your information by such Service Providers is not in our control (as discussed in more detail below).
- Our Services may offer social sharing features such as “Share” or “Like” on Facebook or other third party social networking sites. If you decide to use such features, it may allow the sharing and collection of Personal Information and Non-Personal Information both to and from such third-party social networks. You should visit the policies of such third parties for more information about their information collection practices.
- In connection with any sale of our company or any line of business (including the assets relating thereto), customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets, and such customer information (including your Personal Information) will be transferred or sold to the acquirer in the event of any such sale or disposition of any or all of our business.
- If you have previously consented to our sharing of your Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, you may opt out at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and including “Opt Out of Disclosure for Direct Marketing” in the subject line.
We ask that you keep the Personal Information that you provide to us current and that you correct any incorrect information you have provided us by contacting us at email@example.com. You represent and warrant that all Personal Information you provide us is true and correct and relates to you and not to any other person.
If you wish to opt out of further communications from us, or if you wish to review, delete and/or revise the Personal Information we have stored about you, please contact us with your specific request at firstname.lastname@example.org; provided, however, that we reserve the right to retain an archive of such Personal Information for a commercially reasonable time to ensure that its deletion does not affect the integrity of our data; and we further reserve the right to retain an anonymous version of such information.
You can decline to permit cookies or other tracking technologies, but in that case we cannot promise you that all features will function properly as a result.
If you use the Services, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and for restricting access to your computer or device, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account.
Partnerships and External Sources
Children & Minors
Our Services are intended for use by adults only and we do not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from minors under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 18 years of age and you believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
It is entirely your choice whether or not you provide Personal Information to us. We and/or our third-party partners have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to attempt to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the Personal Information collected through the Services. We take, or obligate applicable third parties to take, reasonable precautions to protect our customers' Personal Information against loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please remember that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us or from us, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us by email and you do so at your own risk.
If you believe your Personal Information is being improperly used by us or any third party, please immediately notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.