SAN FRANCISCO, CA (May 22, 2017)—Roger CPA Review, a leading voice in the CPA community, announced today their 2017 Scholarship program recipients. The company awards over $500,000 in course scholarships each year through hundreds of universities and professional associations across the country. The annual nation-wide open application period represents a significant portion of these contributions. This year, out of over 1,000 scholarship applicants, Roger CPA Review is recognizing 25 scholarship recipients.
“We’re excited by the continued increase of scholarship applications, and are once again very honored to impact a new generation of CPA candidates,” said Charlotte Roberts, Senior Vice President of eLearning at Roger CPA Review. “This initiative is especially important this year with the recent launch of the 2017 CPA Exam changes. Many candidates are intimidated, and we want them to know they are not alone. Our program is geared toward helping them alleviate stress, and the last thing they need is to be concerned about the cost of a program.”
The scholarship program is in-part celebration of the university Spring awards season, in which many students are honored within their Accounting departments, including CPA Review course scholarships. However, this program provides an opportunity to recognize all deserving CPA candidates—including those who may be several years out of school and might not have the luxury of CPA Review course reimbursement from a firm or university.
“We recognize our greater community of CPA hopefuls, and believe quality CPA Review should be available to anyone and everyone who is striving to reach their goals,” said Roberts. “For this reason, we hold this annual scholarship program, but also provide discount opportunities year-round. We look forward to helping ease financial obstacles for CPA’s of the future for years to come.”
The individuals listed below are the recipients of the 2017 Scholarship Program, and were selected based on academic merit, community involvement, situation and need. Each of these outstanding candidates will receive scholarships ranging from $800 to $1,695, and can be used towards Roger CPA Review full courses, including the full suite of learning tools proven to help successfully prepare candidates for the CPA Exam. The recipients are as follows:
- Esteban Andrade, Pennsylvania State University - University Park Campus
- Lauran Brown, Bluffton University
- Christian Christoefl, Georgetown University
- Ubaldo Duenas Jr., Texas A&M International University
- Sandra Elik, Fairleigh Dickinson – Florham
- Stephen Elwood, University of Houston – Downtown
- Taylor Garrison, University of Central Missouri
- Sean Haleem, UMUC
- Carlynn Kalament, University of Central Florida
- Rachel Krikke, Cedarville University
- Joan Ladd, Birmingham
- Jiayue Li, Northern Illinois University
- Rukhsana Liaqat, Brooklyn College
- Sean Mehr, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Will Nguyen, Virginia Tech
- Danielle Ray, University of Alaska Anchorage
- Michael Riscica, Hofstra University
- Adrian Rivera, Arizona State University – Tempe Campus
- Anastasia Schweiger, Villanova
- Donald Sheidy, Alvernia University
- Kellen Shelton, Southern New Hampshire University
- Nhi Tran, Cal Poly Pomona
- Anh Thu Turner, Rutgers – Newark
- Daniel Vicco, University of Pennsylvania
- Judah Willig, Touro College
For more information about Roger CPA Review, the CPA Exam, and the steps to gaining CPA licensure, visit https://www.rogercpareview.com/cpa-exam.
About Roger CPA Review:
Roger CPA Review is a team dedicated to helping students successfully prepare for the CPA Exam with the industry's most Efficient, Effective and Enjoyable eLearning system. With a core belief that the key to success is enjoying what you do, each learning tool has been designed with special care to foster a study process that simultaneously delivers results and enjoyment. The Roger Method™ is a proven teaching approach in which lectures, texts and practice questions are broken down into highly motivating micro-lessons that simplify difficult concepts while keeping students focused. For more information about Roger CPA Review, visit http://www.rogercpareview.com/.