CPA Exam Score Release Dates
The National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) releases scores to candidates and the State Boards of Accountancy based upon the Uniform CPA Exam score release timetables. The score release timetables are updated biannually by The American Institute of Public Accountants (AICPA).
We advise you to review the CPA Exam score release timetables when configuring your study plan and testing schedule, so that you are aware of when your scores will be released by NASBA to the State Boards of Accountancy after you sit for the CPA Exam.
HOW ARE SCORE RELEASE DATES DETERMINED?
Target release dates are estimated based on the following factors:
- The day you took your exam
- When the AICPA receives examination data files from Prometric Testing Center
To always have the latest CPA Exam Score Release timetable, visit our blog and search “score release.”
Where Do I Find My CPA Exam Score?
If your State Board of Accountancy utilizes NASBA’s online score retrieval service, you will be able to receive your CPA Exam score on the NASBA Website the day that scores are released. Not all Boards use the online score retrieval service, so check with your State Board if you have any questions about where to find your CPA Exam score. If you don’t receive your CPA Exam in the timeframe outlined by the CPA Exam score release timetables, the AICPA asks all CPA Exam candidates to keep the following in mind:
- Prometric sends AICPA the examination data files within 24 hours after the CPA candidate completes the exam. If your score for the exam is received after AICPA’s cutoff dates, your score will be available on the next scheduled score release date.
- Your State Board of Accountancy may require at least one day beyond the published score release target date to process and release exam scores. Contact your State Board of Accountancy if you think your score has been wrongly delayed.
- The Written Communication task of the BEC section requires additional analysis, so some CPA candidates may receive their BEC scores approximately one week following the targeted score release due date.
- The AICPA does not provide CPA Exam scores. If you are unable to retrieve your CPA Exam score from the NASBA Website, please contact your State Board of Accountancy for further instruction.
Did you pass? Share the good news by writing a customer review in your Student Account.
Learn how the CPA Exam is scored
Ever wonder what it takes to get a 75 on the CPA Exam? There’s more to it than you’d think! Download this handy infographic to explain Exam scoring logic for FREE.