December is a CPA Exam blackout month and although you cannot sit for any exams for the whole month of December, don't let the month go to waste! Use this month as a time to study and be ready to sit at the beginning of the next testing window.
How to stay on top of your game:
1. Get organized! Keep CPA Exam review materials with you at work or close by when at home. That way, when you have a few free moments or a break, you can test yourself.
2. Stay focused! Now is the time to really start studying for the CPA Exam without any worry about testing centers or scheduling. Take this time to focus on what needs to get done before the testing window opens up again.
3. Increase accountability. Most people will be more likely to complete a task if they are accountable for them. Tell your friends or a family member your study plans and ask them to test you on multiple choice questions (MCQs). Form a study group so that you have a set date and time that you need to stay focused with others on the same path.
4. Get plenty of sleep! The month break gives you extra time to study but also time to get some extra sleep. Lack of sleep affects your ability to retain what you're studying. Be sure to get the rest you need to keep your mind fresh for studying.
5. Manage your time. You have one whole month to spend studying. Don't waste it! Set up a distraction-free study area and schedule time to sit in that area to study. Identify the time of day when you are most alert and productive and use that time to focus on the areas of the review material that you find most difficult.