- To feel the sense of accomplishment of completing one of the most (if not challenging professional exams)
- To have not given up during this very grueling and frustration process
- To see my name followed by a comma and the 3 golden letters we are all striving for...CPA
- To call every one of my family members, friends, and colleagues, and say "I PASSED THEM ALL!"
- To be able to never have to say again: "Sorry but I have to study" when turning down all of the events I've skipped over the past year.
- To be able to answer "I'm a CPA" versus "I'm an accountant" when asked the ever popular "What do you do?"
- To open doors to positions otherwise not available to non-CPAs (i.e. Chief Accounting Officers, CFOs, etc).
- To buy myself my "I Passed Present!"-- I have been wanting diamond earrings for a few years now. I decided when I pass that will be the gift to myself and every time I wear them I will remember how hard I worked for them and that I'm only lucky enough to wear then because I am a CPA!
After I read through my list, my attitude changed significantly and I got quite a bit of studying down. Although REG has been my least favorite section to study for because I have no experience in tax, but I continue tackle each section by breaking it down into bite sized chunks.