I scheduled my exam for 1:00pm because I am not a morning person. Here's what my test day will look like (or so I hope):
- Wake up around 9 am and have a nice hearty breakfast.
- Turn on some loud music and get myself mentally pumped for the exam and then review some mnemonics and other notes quickly to get my brain warmed up.
- Sit in my car and review the mnemonics and some important charts
- At the testing center, reproduce the mnemonics on my scrap paper for reference during the exam. (I plan on arriving at the testing center at least an hour before the exam).
- Bring my two forms of ID, my NTS and little else.
- In the past I have checked into the testing center and then asked to go to the bathroom before I go in for my test because I will not take any breaks during the exam. I have never used the entire time to complete the exam so this time I want to make myself slow down on the questions. I plan on using 30 minutes for each multiple choice section like Roger suggests and that will give me plenty of time for the task based simulations.
Studying for the CPA Exam: In Sickness and In Health
Back to that CPA Exam Grind
Recipe for a Successful CPA Exam Experience
To get pumped for your CPA Exam, sign up for our newsletter: