If you want to stay productive while balancing, work, life and studying for the CPA Exam, consider some of the following time management tips to keep you on track with your studies.
1. Start each morning prioritizing your daily study plan. Beginning your day knowing what goals you want to achieve and listing them by importance will help you have a clearer picture of what is most important to finalize for that particular day.
2. Use a planner. A planner helps you to be on top of everything you need to study for the day, week or month. Our 3, 6, 9 and 12 month planners can help make the difference between passing and failing the CPA Exam.
3. Learn to say "No." Studying for the CPA Exam takes up a great deal of your personal time. The little time you have left needs to be allotted to self-care and time with friends and family. Learn to set boundaries and say "No," when appropriate. If you value your time, other people will do the same.
4. Block out distractions. What distracts you the most when you're trying to study for the CPA Exam? Distractions are costly and need to be eliminated so allotted study time is not shorted. By removing your distractions, you'll accomplish more during your study sessions and in a shorter period of time.
5. Audit your time at the end of each week. Figure out what part of your schedule did and did not work for you during the last week. Recognizing your strengths and weaknesses allows you to re-prioritize your schedule for the upcoming week. Sticking with a successful schedule is about making this all-important study time work with your lifestyle.
"A good plan is like a road map: it shows the final destination and usually the best way to get there. H. Stanely Judd