In the spirit of Election Day, here are a few fun facts dedicated to all our "numbers people" out there!
1. November was selected because the harvest work was done.
2. Tuesday was selected because many people had to travel the day before to reach the polling place. Since most people did not travel on Sunday for religious reasons, they did not want it to be on a Monday.
3. They did not want Election Day to fall on November 1st because it is All Saints Day.
4. They did not want Election Day to fall on the first of the month because many shop keepers did their books for the preceding month on the first.
5. Election Day is the Tuesday on or after November 2nd.
Take a well-earned break from your CPA Exam studies to fulfill your civic duty and vote! Oh, and if you can't decide who to vote for, we've got the guy for you. Roger 2012! If only, if only...